Director of Formation Program
The Director of Formation Program is a full-time position commencing in 2015 and continues the role previously established as a part-time position.
Mercy Partners is a Public Juridic Person (PJP) established by the Sisters of Mercy and extended more recently to include the Presentation Sisters and the Franciscan Missionaries of the Immaculate Conception to assume sponsorship responsibility for ministries under their care. These ministries are conducted within the Catholic tradition and faithful to the mission of Mercy Partners to contribute to the emergence of a world where the healing, liberating and life giving mercy of God is experienced.
Mercy Partners is seeking someone with:
- An understanding of and commitment to ministry within the Catholic tradition
- Experience in designing and conducting ministry leadership formation programs in ministries such as health, education, aged care or community services
- Demonstrated capacity to operate creatively and responsibly at a senior level
- Highly developed interpersonal abilities
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications.
Key responsibilities of the position are:
- To develop and evaluate the effectiveness of the leadership formation program for ministry leaders and those with leadership potential to reflect Mercy Partners responsibilities for stewardship, mission and formation for mission leadership.
- To organise and deliver the leadership formation program to meet the evolving and diverse needs of ministries sponsored by Mercy Partners
- To contribute to the development of the Mercy Partners community
- To implement the Mercy Partners Formation Committee annual plan
- To seek opportunities for collaborating and partnering with organisations with ministry vision and values congruent with Mercy Partners
- To respond to other formation initiatives as directed by the Mercy Partners Council.
The position is full time with some travel and weekend work required, with time in lieu arrangements. Remuneration is in accordance with the norms established by the Queensland Bishops’ Conference for Diocesan Employees including salary packaging.
For an application package please contact the Executive Officer of Mercy Partners Council, Ms Judith Gardiner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 8 September 2014